I have heard of women nesting towards the end of their pregnancy, and I am thinking that my charades of today might fit into that category. I woke up this morning at about 5:30am because for some reason all I could think about was how dirty my house was (which is strange because it really wasn't dirty at all...). The thoughts of everything that I had to clean consumed me until I couldn't take it anymore. So when Curtis got up at 5:30 I decided that I should get up too. I then proceeded to straighten up the house, do the laundry, iron Curtis' uniforms, make Curtis breakfast and pack his lunch, clean out the fridge, make jell-o (I have no idea why...), scrub the kitchen, clean the bathrooms, and straighten my hair...all before 7:30... now what I am I going to do with the rest of the day??
Dang girl! Don't post this kind of stuff! I don't want Charles getting any ideas or expectations! Ironing, packing lunches, doing hair (lol)... You are a super-wife! Now go back to bed.
ReplyDeletehahaha, yep, I'd say that counts as nesting, Kare! :) Man, I'm hoping the whole nesting instinct will kick in for me because my house really does need to be cleaned, but I can't seem to make myself do it. Too bad you're not here to do it for me :)
ReplyDeleteNo worries though...I made the mistake of stopping to eat breakfast and all the cleaning urges left. I am now just very tired...why oh why did I wake up at 5:30?
ReplyDeleteWho are you?? What have you done with my sister?? Hormones, release this possessive hold you hold over her and bring her back to us! Kare, if you can hear me through the estrogen, progesterone, and prolactin, come back!
ReplyDeleteGreat job with all your hard work, but I always thought that parents were supposed to keep thier home dirty in order to help kids develop strong immune systems.
ReplyDeleteIs that right? (Just something to keep in mind once the nesting instinct leaves).