CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blessing

Kaylee was blessed today in our ward here in Sierra Vista.  Both mine and Curtis' parents were able to come down for it.  We are so glad that they could come visit, even if only for a short time.  (27 hours in my parents case).  It was a great day and Curtis gave Kaylee a beautiful blessing.  One member of the ward, much to our surprise and delight, took notes for us so that we can remember what was said.  I only heard Kaylee cry a tiny bit at the very end, but Curtis said that her crying was quite distracting to him as he was blessing her, just like her brother!  


Kaylee wore the dress that my grandma made for my sisters and I to be blessed in.  She looked absolutely beautiful in it!  I am so glad that my mom was able to dig it out of her cedar chest for us!



My sister Julianne made Kaylee's beautiful bracelet out of amethysts, Kaylee's birthstone.  Thanks Jules!  It made her outfit all the more special!!



9 comments:

  1. Aaaaaggghhhh! These pictures are seriously just pure torture. I hate that I have never seen her in person or held her. It makes me so sad. She is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving us a fun excuse to visit the 4th ward again! The blessing was wonderful and Brenna loved going to nursery with Nathan. I love the fact that Kaylee got to wear the same dress that you wore. She looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a girl for sure - funny how people feel a need to ask if Baby is a boy or a girl when dressed in obvious gender-specific clothes. I need to get busy and make a dress for ours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am totally cracking up right now at your baby ticker. According to it, you are 44 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a baby the size of a watermelon! hahaha. Ahem...anyway. :) Kaylee looks absolutely beautiful. She is the prettiest little girl, Kare. You done good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so cute and has such nice chubby baby arms! She already looks so big from the last pictures I've seen! That headband is Awesome with a capital A by the way. Did you make it? I love the 3rd picture where she looks like she's looking in horror at something just to the left of the camera. Makes me laugh every time I look at it. Also, I like your hair Kare--beautiful color, and the length really lets your curls fill out. Me likes it. And also, you're welcome--I'm glad it looks like the bracelet somewhat fits. She is the most adorably blinged-out baby I've ever seen. And I totally remember that dress--but I didn't know Grandma made it--Did she do all the embroidery too? That woman had mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I chose out to do it with the birthstone? And she looks so cute. And she looks VERY cute, the pictures were so cute . . . well, I couldn't even, I couldn't even STAND it! Her dress, with the flower, and the bracelet were ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful in her pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous family you all are!!! Thanks for commenting and visiting my blog:) Yes, Sky is really tall-- 6'9" now, Hunter is 6'1" and Clay is about 5'6". The girls' are taller than me too. When they're all done growing, I will actually be the shrimp in the family! I can't wait!!!!!!!
    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete