I was way excited to see my family, but most excited to see my nephews, since I hadn't seen these kids in forever! (OK so maybe it had only been about 4 1/2 months, but that is a long time to me!!) I spent most of my time there hanging out with my sister Crissy and her 3 adorable kids!
While there I took the oldest two boys out on a date. First, Jaden (age 5) and I went to Leatherby's for some chicken and fries, brownies, and ice cream!
He got a bit embarrassed when I told him he had a little bit of brownie on his teeth...
so we quickly fixed that!
One of Jaden's date requests was that he be allowed to put salt on his fries. I knew this kid loved salt, but didn't know the extent of the obsession...
We also enjoyed dancing to the tunes from the juke box. After dinner and dessert Jaden wanted to go to Target to pick out a toy (gotta love their dollar section!) He also picked out toys for Kaleb and Bradley.
Later that week I took Kaleb (age 3) out on a similar date. He was so stinkin cute because he was afraid to go without Jaden. You can tell that he doesn't often have the opportunity to go places without his brothers. Such is the life of a middle child! Once we got in the car though, he was super excited, especially when I told him that we could do whatever he wanted! Of course he chose to go to Wendy's for their chicken and fries.
He thought this strangely shaped piece of chicken was hilarious!
While there the littlest things seemed to excite him. Getting to pick anything he wanted to eat, getting to choose where we sat, getting to play his new card game that came in his kids meal for as long as he wanted, getting to choose when to leave, and getting to choose what to do next. Of course he chose to sit right next to the only other people in the restaurant, and we played many versions of his card came for what seemed like hours, but I was more than happy to let him do what he wanted on his date.
After Wendy's he also wanted to go to Target and get the same toy that Jaden picked out. (There was a moment of panic when I couldn't find the same toy anywhere, but that was soon relieved when Kaleb found something he wanted more.) Once he found a toy for himself and his brothers and Nathan, he wanted to "please go home now". I think he had fun on his first date, but I think he also was excited to go back home and play with Jaden.
I also was able to go see Fiddler on the Roof with my sister, Alli. We are always up for a good musical and enjoyed this performance very much (despite some of the poor Irish/Russian sounding accents).
On Saturday Alli and I took the boys to Jungle Jim's, a fun little indoor carnival type place.
Nathan had a blast hanging out with his cousins, aunts, uncle, and grandparents!
Bradley was such a good little helper. He was constantly giving Nathan his blanket, bear, and toys. When I got home from my date with Kaleb, Bradley quickly pointed out to me that Nathan was upstairs sleeping so that I wouldn't worry (quite impressive for a kid that doesn't talk yet). He even took his turn feeding Nathan.
Nathan loved taking baths with the boys, which is a huge accomplishment because up until then he HATED taking baths! Maybe he just needed someone to show him how fun it is to splash!
It was a great trip! However, I think Nathan missed his daddy, as did I. He was very excited to see him when we got home!
When we got home (at 12:30 in the morning!) I pulled into the garage to find this sign leaning against the door with a box of whoppers next to it (yummy!!)
Curtis "heart attacked" me by placing cut out hearts through the house with all the reasons he missed me. What a cute man I have!

Nathan is so cute! It looks like Crissy and Charles are ready to add a fourth boy to their bunch. The boys look like they had a great time on their dates.
ReplyDeleteWhat an aunt! Dates, dates and more dates! Thanks again for taking the boys out. They had a blast! I miss you guys already. Are you sure you can't come back before May? But I guess I can't complain since I DID see you 2 weeks out of 4 in February. =)
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun trip! Your nephews crack me up, they are so funny and such good kids! If you're up for another trip before May, I think I am too. :)
ReplyDelete1. That video of Kaleb playing cards and his little victory dance--so cute!
ReplyDelete2. I agree with Shanadey-Poo, that's all I was thinking that whole time was, "Ope, Boo-Radley's ready to be a big brother, time for numero quatro." The boys are all so good to each other most of the time, it's amazing how considerate and nurturing they all can be.
3. Really Kare? The only pictures I get is that crazy close-up and a shot of the chest? Ouch. Oh wait, there's a cute one of me and Bradley on the plane. I take that back.
4. Curty Wampus! That is so cute! I am always impressed with the little things Curtis does to show how much he loves you. But this was not a little thing, it was a big thing! I don't know how he had the time to do it. But one thing, does that sign really say ,"To my best wife?" Man, he is excited for polygamy in the hereafter, isn't he?
5. Come back!!!!
Ummm... OKAY! =) Felicia gave the thumbs up! See ya soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kare for the dates. Thanks for the Chicken and fries and taking the pictures. I liked the one with all the brownie in my mouth. I want you to come back on May. It's because that's when you are coming back. But I want you to come back in April. Actually right now. I love you and your little cute Nathan.
ReplyDeleteLove, Jaden
Kare, thank you for taking me on a DATE! I liked playing the card game. fklt8dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Love, Kaleb
What a great trip. There is nothing better than coming home to family. And a 4 1/2 month absence definitely qualifies as forever. And you got out of here just in time...this morning we woke up to over 6 inches of snow.....YUCK! Enjoy the good weather.
ReplyDeleteI want to go on a date with you! I would take you to the same place. I would buy you a toy, ANY toy you wanted. And Baby Nathan too. Please!
ReplyDeleteTo Shanade and Alli--- Are you CRAZY?! Do you wish me an early death?!... But 4 little boys WOULD be cute.
ReplyDeleteWell, to be honest I hadn't even thought of how it would impact you. I just noticed that Bradley is ready to be a big brother.
ReplyDeleteDUDE. You need to call me next time you're in Utah!! But I guess I understand that you needed some quality family time... :) Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteseriously...?
ReplyDeletewhat the…heck?
ReplyDelete